Each neighborhood public school has a leadership committee comprised of parents, teachers, and community members called a Local School Council, or LSC. The LSC is where the school stakeholders work together to improve the schools and provide advice and feedback to school administrators and CPS. Network 49 members are involved in LSCs and want you to support them, too. A great way is to attend their monthly meetings (usually not more than an hour and often less) and learn what is going on, then offer your assistance as best you can.
Elections for the neighborhood Local School Councils are taking place April 18 and 19! Click the link to learn more about the upcoming elections.
Candidate forums were held at the following times and locations for our neighborhood schools:
Local School Council Candidate Forums, 2018
- Kilmer: Monday, March 19, 5:00 pm, 6700 N. Greenview
- Gale: Thursday, March 22, 3:45 pm, 1631 W. Jonquil
- New Field: Thursday, March 22, 4:00 pm, 1707 W. Morse
- Eugene Field: Wednesday, March 21, 10:00 am, 7019 N. Ashland
- Jordan: TBA, 7414 N. Wolcott
- Sullivan HS: Tuesday, March 20, 6-7pm, 6631 N. Bosworth